Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm back!

The delay in postings had nothing to do with anything but the absence of internet connection. Actually I did get into one cyber cafe in Bauchi State, Nigeria. It was as frustrating as any other cyber cafe I have been in - slow, power interruptions that make everything go blank, and other glitches that we don't have in our homes.

That blackout began in Nigeria. I will post a few glimpses of the time there and some overall reflections.

The return flight was only 13 hours, from Lagos to Atlanta. This time instead of an imam next to me I had a Nigerian young man who was heading to New York for medical schooling. He had never left Nigeria before. For this Pentecostalist and praise band leader, this journey was surely more than he ever could imagine. We did have some good prayer time and finally separated at the Passport Control desks.

What follows are vignettes of the Nigerian part of the trip. The purpose was to give a vision of how the unreached peoples of the world need a place in the missions vision of the church. In this case the church was leaders of CANA.

I have inserted a news posting that got lost in Singapore.

No comments: