Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sunday morning and retired

Kuan Kim Seng is the Dean of the Cathedral and Director of Missions for the Diocese of Singapore. He was our host and an active participant.

During the meeting he brought in a dean of a seminary in England, George Kavoor. George knew everybody there! So with great excitement the bunch is going off to hear George preach at 11 and then have lunch with him to set up Strategy Coordinator training at his theological college.

I'm heading to a place where they sell cheap old US movies and an Orthodox church in the vicinity. Julian will have a great lunch and make visionary plans with George. I'm retired.


As a post script, I'll tell you my previous encounter with George. Every three years Singapore has a missions roundtable. I have been at the prevous two. Missed this one. Ahhh.

At the last one George was distributing what he called a radical missions vision. It was all about mobilizing a new witness to the Gospel to the lukewarm West. He asked for my response. About a month later I replied. Same old, same old, I said. Take a number and get in line with those who want to bring a fresh view of the Gospel to the West. In the meantime there are only 1 billion 700 million who do not live in the West and whom he is overlooking.

He remembered.

No comments: