Friday, October 10, 2008

Travel tidbits

With the different time zones, hours in airports, and the change in continents, inevitably there will be the unexpected. Here are a few.

I had to change my flight leaving Mumbai for Patna. That caused half an hour waits at the counter three times. Once I counted seven persons who were invovled in the change.

The second time I missed the connecting flight, the airlines gave me a hotel room. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? The meal was included. When the bill came, they told me I had not eaten or ordered the full fare that was allowed. Did I want anything else? Answer - I had my first banana split in eight years.

That was the end of the pleasant stay. Turns out my room was right outside an area of new construction and two bulldozers were at it from 2 AM until 5. I gave them a piece of my mind, and I gave a letter of protest to the airline.


So in the room where we are meeting are representatives from seven differerent cultures, races, languages, etc. Makes me hope I can draw on all I have learned about cross-cultural life.


I am rooming with Ponraj, from Bihar State, India. His is a small agency when it comes to expenses outside Bihar. Mine is a non-existent agency. We are exemplary in creative ways to enjoy Singapore!

On the airlines they always serve a meal. The attendant asks, "Veg or non-veg?" Many Indians, of course, are vegetarian.

I did have the privilege of a flight on Singapore Airlines. Pray that God will send you to heaven on Singapore Airlines. An amzaing way to travel. The food, the touches, all bring together a wonderful experience. One noticeable difference in the quiet of the attendants compared to the ways of those in the US. I must say, however,that I believe there is a screening for the beautiful women of Singapore Air that does not reflect well on their attitudes to women who are not of perfect complexion or figure.

No comments: