Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm leaving!

It's migration time for the warblers, with or without bands. And it's travel time for me again. This time I am heading east and south - to Uganda and then to Nigeria. A five week trip, this one is, the longest one I've ever done without Constance.

The first event, beginning August 24th (our anniversary - how bad is that for timing?) is the meeting of all the Anglican bishops of Africa. I'm going to represent Anglican Frontier Missions and brazenly lobby for these men to expand their mission vision.

They do vigorous and sacrificial evangelism and church planting in their dioceses, but that leaves out 400 million Muslims and 100 million followers of African Traditional Religions. I'll have more to say about that to the bishops.

At the other end of the trip is the 20th anniversary of my diocese, the Diocese of Makurdi, in Nigeria. The bishop, the Rt. Rev. N. N. Inyom, asked me to be there for this event. He will have lots of assignments for me in Nigeria for my four weeks there.

That's the outline. More to come about the trip before I leave. Then the occasional posting as time moves on. Amsterdam airport, Lake Victoria, yet another AFM booth, 4:00 AM Ethiopian Air to Nigeria, Fulani nomads, and a cathedral in Makurdi that keeps growing by moving the back wall as more people keep joining.

No comments: