Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tapping my foot, ready to fly...

Packed. Two bags. One with things to return to Nigeria, meds I picked up Friday to distribute, a DVD player with the Jesus film, and a backpack to use on return. 35 pounds. That bag was a purchase at the Kiawah Island Goodwill. Ten bucks. American Tourister. Not bad. I intend to leave it there.

The other bag, much smaller, has my clothes, my meds, and stuff I will use on the plane. Oh, did I mention my gore-tex, McGregor, "zero interference", golf jacket. Also from K.I. Goodwill. Four bucks. That I will not leave there.

My reading - C. S. Lewis "The Weight of Glory"; Louis L'Amour (the good guys always win and always get the girl); and a book on baseball, a Father's Day gift from our daughter Maria. On my iPad I have an unfinished Dorothy Sayers "Busman's Holiday" and numerous other titles that were cheap but are unread and don't even give the dividend of looking good on a shelf!

First layer of hurdles - making it to my JFK flight with a tight connection from Richmond, and picking up less than my share of the condensed germs flying around inside the plane. The oncologists and travel clinic doctor were emphatic that I not get sick.

Pray me through those hurdles, then I'll be ready for what is going on when I land - 100 participants in training at Port Harcourt who want to follow the Lord's call to a group most determined to resist the Good News.



No comments: