Saturday, December 31, 2011

There are a few of my favorite things

Actually, a better title would be, “I only have a few of my favorite things.”
Here they are:
Eggs, usually with red things, onions, potatoes, and something else – for breakfast;
Okra and oatmeal. Now you know for sure I’m reaching for favorite things;
Oranges – peeled a different way, but then most things are different here;
Sweet potatoes. Pounded yams, they are called. Into a mush. Then you have the fun of rolling a piece around in your hand like we used to with mud. Then you take that and dip it in a “stew” of okra, a syrup, some meat or fish, and swallow it. Also called “swallow food”;
Fish, really good, and beef, but I think I saw the cow the beef came from. It was butchered a year ago.
Missing? Another favorite thing?
Read on. [That one preceding this]

No comments: