Monday, November 28, 2011

And for prayer -

This is Nigeria. Strange food, mad Muslims, cross-cultural encounters, and spiritual demands. And health concerns. So...
1. Staying close to the Lord, to listen well, to take in what I need to, to pick up what He is bringing my way.
2. Good preparation for my talks and sermon. Especially the sermon. A major event there, ordination, and me a quasi-outsider.
3. Fulani. A large unreached group. Anglican have high involvement. I want to bring them back as a viable mission for congregations. Very difficult, given the distance, unfamiliarity, etc. Still, we are called and expected to connect even with such as they. I need insights.
4. Health. I did get really sick last time. Bad food and the consequences. That can easily happen. Also I travel with a case of lymphoma that has recently showed mild stirrings. Nothing much, no treatment necessary. But no symptoms there would be good.
5. For Constance at home. Lots of painting to do and prints to prepare, roses to winterize, and good reading. Still, prayer for her and her peace and her fun, please.

No comments: