Monday, November 28, 2011

And in my bag I have...

Remember that game? The next person has to remember all that was mentioned before and then add one thing.

In my bag I have --- many gifts - two wall calendars, bangles, funny balloons, pot holders, pens, a couple of flashlights, scarves, and a few other things that are 1) flat, and 2) light.

And ----- pills (anti-malaria, anti-histamines, aspirin, epipen, several other types), bandages, hand sanitizer, stuff like that.

And ---- books. Tolkein. I feel that I ought to like his trilogy. Haven't gotten into it in previous tries. If not this time, the book stays there. The Nigerian Book of Common Prayer. Wired - want to read the current issue and interview with Steve Bezos and then leave it in JFK. E. J. Young's Commentary on Isaiah, volume three. This is my treat. I've worked through the first two volumes. This one covers chapter 40 on.

And ---- movies. DVDs - they hardly take up any space. And I will need the diversion, at some point. Two. True Grit. A gift from Constance. The original. John Wayne. Might try to show it over there to some guys. An interesting cross-cultural effort.
And "Christmas Vacation". That qualifies as Advent preparation, doesn't it? Also the funniest movie ever.

And a few clothes.

No comments: