Saturday, June 16, 2018

Don't go away!

You have come to the right place if you want to trace Connie and Tad as they meander around Europe with their sidekicks, Dale and Mary Beth Berry.

As you may have read, I haven't posted here in five years, and it has taken me a lot of tweaking to get to this screen.

But more to come!

Here are the topics I will be adding in a week from today:
  • CW's art. That CW would be Constance Williams, and you can get a preview of her art at www.ArtByCdeb.com
  • Pictures and stories about Dale Berry. His slogan used to be "High adventure, low risk." I will post some stories that will challenge that slogan.
  • Bridges. That is the network of Christian workers with refugees throughout Europe. Dale has sent some stories that I will post. These tell insights about refugees and also ways God is deeply involved in the lives of many of them. The love and prayers of the workers have been heard!
  • Our itinerary, naturally. The short version is Athens, Lesbos, Athens, Prague, Stuttgart, and Berlin. Details will be added. (We leave on July 5th and return on the 20th. I preach at St. Matthew's on the 22nd. If I don't have illustrations for that sermon, I am a real dunce!
  • What I anticipate on the trip. (Laughter comes later.)
  • Some references in the Bible about refugees, the poor, and Mother Theresa. 
  • Some sweet and censored thoughts on this trip on the occasion of our 50th anniversary.
I see that I can add pictures. we'll see about that. Just went to REI. bought Campsuds, high protein bars, and a first aid kit. Oh, and Dale's recommendation of nylon underwear. Really!

So don't go away! I'll be back on Saturday.




No comments: